This is an essential course for all those concerned with author–publisher and co-publication contracts – and that’s not just the contracts department. Publishers, editors, agents and permissions staff all need to understand the agreements that affect them. The focus is on a print, rather than a digital, setting.
You will need a solid grounding in copyright, publishing rights and moral rights before attending this course. Copyright and Legal Issues for Publishers can provide this.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- assess current and future agreements
- understand the different kinds of publishing contracts
- show your grasp of the concepts learnt through the hands-on exercises provided.
Who will benefit from this course?
Anyone responsible for drafting, negotiating or dealing with key publishing contracts, such as contracts and permissions staff, publishers, editors and agents.
- Publishing contracts
- Codes of practice
- The head contract
- Artwork and illustration contracts
- Journal contracts
- Trademarks and domain names
- Practical exercises.
Note that most of our short courses can also be run as in-company events.
- Dates: 04 October 2013
- Duration: A one-day course
- Price: £385+VAT
- A number of discounts are available